Sunday 13 November 2011

Another Modelled Drawing in Ink

Buddha Head
Modelled Drawing - 11 November 2011
Ink on Paper
35.5cm x 43cm (14" x 17")

I have posted quite a few modelled drawings in ink because I am enjoying the exercise.

Before starting the Natural Way to Draw, I would have approached this drawing in a completely different way. I would have spent ages measuring relative dimensions and angles. Starting with a scribble of about the right shape and size and gradually building up the surfaces is a much more enjoyable experience.

I cheated a bit by marking out the approximate positions of nose and eyes before I spent too much time scribbling. I don’t feel too guilty because who wants to spend 3 hours on a drawing that looks like something from the Chamber of Horrors?

No comments:

Post a Comment