Sunday 20 April 2014

Starting To Sketch

Anglepoise & Bedside Cabinet
10 & 11 March 2014
Graphite Pencil
Daler Rowney A6 Graduate Sketchbook

Regular sketching is the next step in my quest to become a better draughtsman.


Nelson
24 February 2014
Graphite Pencil
Daler Rowney A6 Graduate Sketchbook

There is some good advice on starting to sketch from Katherine Tyrrell on http://www.makingamark.co.uk/how-to-sketch.html and Adebanji Alade on
http://sketchinspiration.com/

Salty & Ducky
25 February & 2 March 2014
Graphite Pencil
Daler Rowney A6 Graduate Sketchbook

Initially, I am drawing things rather than scenes and I’ve set a nominal 30 minute time limit for each sketch.

Watch & Spotty
12 & 24 March 2014
Graphite Pencil
Daler Rowney A6 Graduate Sketchbook

The pictures from this post are from a Daler Rowney A6 Graduate Sketchbook. Each page is 105 x 149mm (4.1 x 5.9 inches).

Kettle & Toaster
27 & 31 March 2014
Graphite Pencil
Daler Rowney A6 Graduate Sketchbook

The sketches stop abruptly because I’ve developed an RSI (repetitive strain injury) through overuse of a laptop. I don’t think drawing and painting is the cause, but I am abstaining for a few weeks to give the tendons chance to recover - I am typing this one handed. I hope my arm recovers soon because not being able to draw and paint is driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment