Sunday 21 September 2014

Blogging Again - August Sketches


Spex - Sign of the Times
9 August 2014
Graphite Pencil
Winsor & Newton A4 Heavy Weight Sketch Book
21.0cm x 29.7cm (8.25" x 11.75")

I’m back after a five-week break from blogging.

It’s been a strange month. It started with a two week trip to Chicago with only 24 hours’ notice, then my workload became heavier and heavier and finally a pair of Internet providers conspired to disconnect us for two weeks.

The Tap - The Faucet
24 August 2014
Graphite Pencil
Daler Rowney A6 Graduate Sketchbook
10.5cm x 14.9cm (4.1" x 5.9")

Work is eating into the time I have available for drawing, painting and blogging. I've decided to focus the time I have available on sketching the things around me. This post contains my favourite sketches from August.

Little Kilner Jar
7 August 2014
Graphite Pencil & Wax Crayon
Winsor & Newton A4 Heavy Weight Sketch Book
21.0cm x 29.7cm (8.25" x 11.75")

I've released how important drawing and sketching is to my feelings of happiness and well-being. Thirty minutes of intense concentration quietens the mind and shuts out all other concerns.

New Toothbrush
4 August 2014
Graphite Pencil & Wax Crayon
Winsor & Newton A4 Heavy Weight Sketch Book
21.0cm x 29.7cm (8.25" x 11.75")

I never used to find drawing relaxing because I was trying to draw well. Now I just set an alarm for 30 minutes and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment