Sunday 24 May 2015

Woodland Stream


Stream Through the Woods - Small
Mixed Media on Paper
14cm x 19cm (5.5" x 7.5")

These are my latest experiments with techniques from Ann Blockley’s Experimental Landscapes in Watercolour. The subject matter was inspired by a recent video workshop by David Dunlop (Studio Workshop 1 - Into the-Woods).

Stream Through the Woods - Large
Mixed Media on Paper
19cm x 28cm (7.5" x 11")

The scene is an amalgamation of five different photos of streams and footpaths through woodland. I worked on both pictures at the same time, but I am still quite surprised how similar they look because a lot of the scene is imaginary and I was not focusing on accuracy. My intention for these experiments is not to create finished paintings. They are trials of different techniques I may want to use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment